If you want to take advantage of Catapult's capabilities, you can use APIs and Callbacks to send Catapult the relevant data about Subscribers in your Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to take full advantage of Catapult's extensive targeting and personalization capabilities. You can do this through a combination of API calls and callbacks to do the followingThis will help you:
- Easily keep Catapult in sync with your most current People Persons data.
- Have your system notified each time a Person is confirmed on a list or opts out of a list.
- Have your system notified when data is exchanged between the two systems.
These are some common situations where you need to can use an a Vibes API or Callback.
- Someone Subscribes using Catapult. You will use the Subscription Added Callback.
- Someone updates their preferences and personal data outside of Catapult. You would use the Update a Person API.
Note: If there is custom data you want to store, custom fields you need to be set up the custom fields ahead of time.
- Someone Unsubscribesunsubscribes. You will use the Subscription Removed Callback.
Note: When a Person adds a mobile number to your preference center, and you want to sign them up, you should go through the Web-Based Subscriber Management process as described in the previous scenario.