Even though you use Catapult use Vibes Mobile Engagement Platform as your main Opt-in database, your CRM system contains your Subscriber data, so you need to use APIs and Callbacks to communicate between your systems and Catapult. Catapult does the Platform.
The Platform does not collect additional data automatically, so if you want to take advantage of Catapult's its extensive targeting and personalization capabilities, you can also use APIs to send Catapult send Vibes Mobile Engagement Platform the relevant data about Subscribers in your Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system. This will help you to do the following:
- Easily keep Catapult the Platform in sync with your most current Persons data.
- Have your system notified each time a Person is confirmed on a list or opts out of a list.
- Have your system notified when data is exchanged between the two systems.
- When someone Subscribes using Catapultthe Platform, you can use the Subscription Added Callback.
- When someone updates their preferences and personal data outside of Catapultthe Platform, you can use the Update a Person API.
Note: If there is custom data you want to store, you need to set up the custom fields ahead of time.
- When someone unsubscribes, you can use the Subscription Removed Callback.
Note: When a Person adds a mobile number to your preference center, and you want to sign them up, you should go through the Web-Based Subscriber Management process as described in the previous scenario.
Vibes Mobile Engagement Platform Hosted
When a new Subscriber comes into your mobile database through a Catapult a Vibes Mobile Engagement Platform landing page or Short Message Service (SMS) opt-in, your CRM system can receive a callback to an API endpoint.
Note: If you need Catapult to call a pre-existing API, the Vibes Mobile Solutions Group can create a custom integration solution for you.
As shown in the following API Call example, when updating data about your Subscribers, you can use a unique identifier from your CRM system (external_person_id), or you can use the Vibes person_id.
SUCCESS: 200 Same Person body you submitted is returned FAILURE: 404 - person not found no body FAILURE: 409 - MDN cannot be changed no body
When a Person opts out via their mobile device, Catapult will send your system a notification that they are no longer a mobile Subscriber, as shown in the following example.