You can integrate your iOS or Android app with the Vibes Mobile Engagement Platform to send push messages
Note: Platform accounts are available via the platform for development and UAT testing.
Topics in this Section
Technical Integration Overview
- Request an app_id from Vibes. The app_id uniquely identifies the application and will be needed to configure the SDK. The app_id will be the same for the Android and iOS apps.
- Developers will need a test app_id for development release, and a production app_id for the production release. Vibes uses production to test the integration to insure ensure no environmental difference. Different IDs will allow the apps and their data to be used and tracked separately.
- Retrieve the SDK from the Android and iOS repositories.
To enable push notifications in the background for your iOS application, do the following:
Click your project, for example, the ios-sdk-example-app.
Click the Capabilities tab.
Turn Background Modes On, then click the Remote notifications check box.
- Set up push notification keys for your app on Apple and Google developer portals so that the app will be able to receive push notifications.
- Apple will provide an APNS certificate and private key, typically in the form of a .p12 file.
- Google will provide a server key.
- Transfer those Apple and Google push notification keys and bundle IDs to Vibes.
- Complete development and UAT testing for the app release using a platform test account.
- Release the app with the Vibes Push SDK.