Even though you use Catapult as your main Opt-in database, your CRM system contains your Subscriber data, so you need to use APIs and Callbacks to communicate between your systems and Catapult. Catapult does not collect additional data automatically, so if you want to take advantage of Catapult's extensive targeting and personalization capabilities, you can also use APIs to send Catapult the relevant data about Subscribers in your Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system. This will help you to do the following:
- Easily keep Catapult in sync with your most current Persons data.
- Have your system notified each time a Person is confirmed on a list or opts out of a list.
- Have your system notified when data is exchanged between the two systems.
The following are some common situations where you can use a Vibes API or Callback.
- When someone Subscribes using Catapult, you can use the Subscription Added Callback.
- When someone updates their preferences and personal data outside of Catapult, you can use the Update a Person API.
Note: If there is custom data you want to store, you need to set up the custom fields ahead of time.
- When someone unsubscribes, you can use the Subscription Removed Callback.
Note: When a Person adds a mobile number to your preference center, and you want to sign them up, you should go through the Web-Based Subscriber Management process as described in the previous scenario.
Situation One: New Subscribers - Catapult Hosted
When a new Subscriber comes into your mobile database through a Catapult landing page or Short Message Service (SMS) opt-in, your CRM system can receive a callback to an API endpoint.
The following example shows a Subscription Added Callback.
Note: If you need Catapult to call a pre-existing API, the Vibes Mobile Solutions Group can create a custom integration solution for you.
Situation Two: Updating Data About Your Subscribers
As shown in the following API Call example, when updating data about your Subscribers, you can use a unique identifier in your CRM system (external_person_id), or you can use the Vibes person_id.
The Body of the API is the only information required. PUT, Headers, Content-Type, and Authorization are informational fields only.
- PUT: http://public-api.vibescm.com/mobiledb/persons
- Content-Type: Application/JSON
- Authorization: Basic QWxhZGRpbjpvcGVuIHNlc2FtZQ==
Note: If you are unable to update by ID and only have the Mobile Directory Number (MDN), then you can use the Add Person API call, and Vibes will merge the MDN's information with the existing person.
As shown in the following Return example, you will receive back an HTTP code letting you know if the Person body was returned, if the Person was not found, or if the MDN can’t be changed.
Situation Three: When a Subscriber Opts Out
When a Person opts out via their mobile device, Catapult will send your system a notification that they are no longer a mobile Subscriber, as shown in the following example.
For more detailed information on these API and Callback examples, see the following topics: